The Eye Book Specialist Dr. Gary H. Cassel presents readers with trusted, evidence-based information they can rely on to protect vision and learn more about how to treat any eye problems that come up.
Now in its second edition, this bestselling book continues to provide the interested reader, along with nurse practitioners, physician assistants, internists, and family doctors, with practical information about
• eyeglass materials, contact lenses, and refractive surgeries (including LASIK) to improve vision
• tips to spot and treat common eye irritations and infections, including conjunctivitis ("pink eye")
• advice about when people should take care of an eye problem on their own and when they need to consult with an expert
• what people (and their health care providers) can do about blurriness, dry eyes, eye strain, eye allergies, and floaters
• how vision problems may be a sign of other health conditions, including thyroid problems and multiple sclerosis
• what people within and outside of the medical field need to know about macular degeneration and low vision